quinta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2012

"You can't believe everything you see" - Form Is Content: Brian de Palma's Realism on the Retina





















The camera lies all the time; lies 24 times/second





















My films deal with a stylized, expressionistic world that has a kind of grotesque beauty about it.





















I have a reputation as an action director because I know how to kill, how to shoot people, how to spill blood.













(on Alfred Hitchcock) He is the one who distilled the essence of film. He`s like Webster. It`s all there. I`ve used a lot of his grammar.
















Women are more sympathetic creatures in jeopardy, plus they`re more interesting to photograph. I`d rather photograph a woman walking around with a candelabra than a guy. It`s as simple as that. Somebody once said that the history of cinema was made photographing women, and I think one could truthfully say that.



















And I always had this idea for making a movie about a femme fatale, because I like these characters. They`re a lot of fun, they`re sexy, they`re manipulative, they`re dangerous.













It`s hard to make movies where you put women in peril any more. You can`t really stalk women around anymore. It`s very difficult. It`s sort of unsettling to field a lot of hostile questions about why you keep doing this and why you dislike women so much. You say, "It`s a murder mystery, I`m running out of victims." It`s all right to kill men, but women are out. No one complained when I killed a man in "Sisters."


Pino Donaggio - Telescope




Hitchcock films scenes of love like scenes of murder, and scenes of murder like scenes of love
François Truffaut on Hitchcock

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário